Classes include calculus and chemistry, other sciences as your major requires, social science, or literature requirements. Attend all review sessions and get to know your professors. Get involved in extracurricular activities, such as clubs, dorm involvement, or service through the Center for Social Concerns. Look for clinical experience.
Students will be assigned a first year advisor within their respective college. First Year students planning to apply to medical school can meet with Kristi Lax-Walker.
Summer: Perform clinical work, service work, or research, even if it is part-time. Research on your application will demonstrate a depth of interest in a topic. Clinical experience demonstrates knowledge of the profession. Service work illustrates your caring for others, leadership, and character.
- Profile of the Average Notre Dame Applicant
- 3.47 GPA (equals the national average)
- 29.7 MCAT score (national average is 25.7)
- Majors (in order of prevalence) in science preprofessional studies (SCPP), biological sciences, arts and letters pre-health, science-business, engineering, chemistry and biochemistry, mathematics, and physics
- Volunteer service during the school year and summer
- Clinical experience beyond occasional shadowing
- Research in bench science or another field
- Hobbies and activities
- Leadership in dorm, club, or service activities