The Center for Health Sciences Advising provides programming, direct advising, and assistance to all Notre Dame students and alums applying to a Health Profession. The Center also manages application recommendation packets for prospective students and alums.
The Center is located at 219 Jordan Hall of Science. We maintain a resource room with information about professional schools, including admissions requirements, and hold training meetings to help undergraduates navigate applying to medical, dental, and other schools.
To make your meeting productive, please think of the questions below:
- Why do I want to meet with a Pre-Health Advisor?
- What Health Profession draws your attention the most?
- How do you know if that Health Profession is right for you?
- What specific questions do you have about the Pre-Health Track?
- Classes, experience, gap year
- Do you want the hands-on experience to ensure this is the right Health Profession for you?
- Would you want to experiment with another field to ensure that Health Profession is right for you?
- Do you want to research to see if you will pursue it long-term, or might you prefer a research career to a medical one?
- What are you passionate about? Any social issues, research, or careers that immediately draw your attention?
- Have you checked our website first before scheduling a meeting?
Please stop by our office to schedule a meeting with one of the Pre-Health Advisors.
Rev. James Foster, CSC, MD
Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies, Director of the Center for Health Sciences Advising, Chair of the Science Preprofessional Studies
219B Jordan Hall of Science
Maureen Dawson, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean, Advising Professor, Office of A&L Undergrad Study
104G O'Shaughnessy Hall
Kathleen Kolberg, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, College of Science, Office of the Dean, Assistant Director of the Center for Health Sciences Advising
219D Jordan Hall of Science
Kristian Lax-Walker, M.S.
Associate Advising Professor | Pre Health Advisor
Coordinator, Health Sciences Advising & Science Preprofessional Studies Department
P: +1 574-631-4890
219 Jordan Hall Of Science
Senior Department Coordinator, Health Sciences Advising & Science Preprofessional Studies Department
219C Jordan Hall Of Science